Macro Friday: Week 42

Friday, March 11, 2011

Blogging from BoliviaAfter enjoying a wonderful four day weekend for Carnaval (a national holiday in Bolivia, kind of like Mardi Gras), this Friday snuck up on me. I’ll even confess that I almost forgot to get a Macro Friday post ready! Not that I’m complaining about a Friday, though; definitely not! :)

This week I took my macro photo of chivé (pronounced chee-veh) – an important ingredient to many Bolivian meals. Chivé is made by grinding up and drying a South American root called yuca.

I borrowed a photo of yuca from here and took a photo of my little bowl of chivé to give you an idea of what it looks like from a non-macro perspective.

yuca and chive - blog

Here in Bolivia we put this on all kinds of foods – on meat, hard boiled eggs, and almost anything else. It has a distinct flavor that’s hard to describe, but I assure you it’s a delicious complement to most meals :)

And finally, the macro shot:

chive-blog

Yum!

Don’t worry, I didn’t forget to announce the winner, I just wanted to try changing up the order of things!

Last week's winner was Mira Crisp. She chose this week's winner. Congrats to...


CHIC HOMESCHOOL MAMA!!!


Make sure to check out her creative shots! Chic Homeschool Mama, you'll get to choose this week's winner. Email me your choice sometime before next Friday!

Have a great weekend!

blog comments powered by Disqus