Veggie French Bread PIzza

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For my cooking post this week I made Veggie French Bread Pizza. While I'm sure this isn't an original idea, I don't have a recipe to link back to because I just kind of make it up as I go! This is a very nutritious and yummy meal :)

I started out making pizza sauce using this recipe.

While the recipe doesn't say to, I decided to mix the ingredients over heat. I also used real, chopped up tomatoes instead of tomato sauce, so heating was kind of essential.

1

After the tomatoes were mushy enough, I added in the spices and flavorings, including

2

sugar and oregano. I love opening my bottle of oregano because it just smells like pizza to me! :)

Once the sauce was ready, I spread it onto several pieces of French Bread, split in half.

4

I then prepared some veggies. I only had broccoli, peppers, and green beans that day, but I've made this before with many more veggies and it's much tastier (and prettier!). Corn and mushroom were the two I most wished for when I put this together.

3

Then the veggies went on top of the pieces of bread with some cheese sprinkled on top and I put it in the oven for about 10 minutes. No photos of this, sorry.

And that's it!
5

6

These are surprisingly tasty and of course very healthy. I'd like to find some whole grain french bread - or something similar - to make it that much healthier. Mauricio loves these which is kind of a miracle since meat is such a staple in Bolivia! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus