On the Wrong Side

Monday, November 1, 2010

I love photography. You probably already knew that, but still, I just love it. I love composing a shot, rapidly thinking through the exposure, and the satisfaction of capturing it with the shutter button. I adore the feeling of being behind my camera. And I love the suspense as I put my memory card into my computer and wait for the images to pop up.

In case I didn't say it enough, I love it.

But there's one side of photography that I don't love. That makes me feel out of place and uncomfortable. When I'm on the wrong side of the camera and someone else is composing the shot with me in it.

So all of this is to say that I'm stepping out of character today and posting a photo with me in it.

fb

But I just loved this photo too much not to post it. Plus, I figured I should provide proof that I was actually at a wedding this weekend since an actual post about it may take a few days. :)

Mauricio took this shot of myself, his mom, his cousin, and his sister. I have to say, as I've fallen head over heels in love with photography, Mauricio has done some improving himself. I guess that's what happens when he has to listen to me talk about it all the time! :)

So there is your proof of the wedding! Which was, by the way, a very fun night despite the torrential downpour that could have ruined it. More photos to come soon!
blog comments powered by Disqus