My Baby

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I've received several questions or comments lately about my camera. And since I love my camera so much - as if it were my baby - I decided to dedicate a post to it.

Thanks to my thoughtful, generous parents, I am the proud owner of a Canon SX200. I've had it for about 8 months now.
SX200IS_BluefrontCL_HR5
SX200IS_BlackbackCL_HR7

It's a point & shoot, not a DSLR, so whenever people ask "which lens did you use for that shot?" it kind of makes my day.

But let me say, this camera is about as close to a DSLR as it can be without actually being one. I shoot in MANUAL about 98% of the time and have full control of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc. - things that I certainly couldn't control on my cell phone camera or previous point & shoots. It even has the capability for manual focus. The only times I shift out of manual are when using a flash at night and just taking the easy route in AUTOMATIC, or when taking multiple photos of a subject that won't stay still and switching over to AV MODE.

In short: My camera is amazing.

Sure, I've improved in my photography since developing an interest in it. I've gotten better at composition and exposure and maybe even developed a bit of my own style (that's up for debate, though! ha!). But I'd be crazy not to recognize that my camera is really great.

So all of this is to say THANK YOU to the people with comments like "I can't believe you took that with a point & shoot" - those comments so make my day - but don't give me all the credit! My camera is definitely high end and not just a typical point & shoot where all you do is, well, point and shoot.

I love my SX200 and am still so grateful to my parents for giving it to me. If you're looking for a new camera, I highly recommend it! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus