La Laguna

Monday, July 26, 2010

One of the most popular attractions in Trinidad, Bolivia is La Laguna – the man-made lake just outside of the city. It’s allegedly shallow enough to walk all the way from one end to the other. And on hot days la laguna provides the perfect means of cooling off.

It hasn’t been too hot here lately, so I enjoyed just admiring the lake as the sun set a few nights ago.

IMG_2325

IMG_2327

Life in Trinidad is very laid-back and relaxed. It may seem like there’s not much to do, but really there’s just more time to enjoy the simple things. Like enjoying a sunset.

IMG_2330

And noticing the birds beautifully silhouetted in the distant sky.

IMG_2337

I’m heading back home to Santa Cruz on the overnight bus this evening. It’s back to work and a normal schedule. I’ll be glad to be back in my own bed and have consistent internet access; but part of my heart permanently belongs in Trinidad, so leaving is always a bit sad.
blog comments powered by Disqus