Dear Readers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Dear Readers,

I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Okay, a lot of a perfectionist. It's hard for me to admit failure or give up at things. I have a tendency to take on too much and then convince myself that I cannot walk away from any of it. That the world will stop spinning if I do. Which is why I'm suddenly finding myself far too overwhelmed with what I need to get done each day.

blog

As I've become increasingly tired and burdened down, I've known that something (or many things!) has to give. I sat down to prioritize and schedule and I'm sorry to say that my beloved blog just didn't make the cut.

I won't be shutting this blog down - no way! But I'm not going to commit to posting regularly, either. There will be no more Macro Friday posts. After nearly 100 weeks of loving this blog hop, I'm sad to see it go. But it's just something that has to be done. Thank you to all the faithful posters that came back week after week. It's been great!

For the next several months I'm going to focus as much as possible on wedding planning. To enjoy the details and completely immerse myself in this season of life that I will only experience once. I'm even going to take joy in the stressful parts: The worries about how to safely get my wedding dress from Minnesota to Bolivia, because afterall, a wedding dress is EXCITING! The endless paperwork needed for Mauricio's U.S. Visa application, because it will be so worth it in the end and serves as a reminder that we're making a real, big commitment to each other. And the late nights spent budgeting, because we're learning something that will last a lifetime.

I'm looking at my other priorities as well and sifting through what stays and what goes. It's hard to determine what to sacrifice, but I know that everything has a time and place. So I'm figuring out what has a time and place right now, for the next few months, and likely until the end of 2012.

blog2

Over the next few months I won't completely disappear. You will see me around this blog as often as I feel inspired. When I have photos that I can't wait to share or an experience I'm dying to write down this blog isn't a burden. It's when I'm overwhelmed with other things and posting out of obligation, not inspiration, that it becomes something it shouldn't be. I'm certain that those of you that choose to stick around or check in occasionally will be seeing lots of wedding planning photography in the coming months. :)

Thanks for reading,
Laura
blog comments powered by Disqus