before & after BOKEH

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I love bokeh. I suppose that's a pretty common sentiment among photographers, but I truly love it. In fact, thanks to me, Mauricio knows the word bokeh - probably not a typical vocabulary word for people with minimal English!

(For those that don't know what bokeh is - it's essentially the out-of-focus portion of a photograph and looks like blurred circles in the background.)

Anyway, most people believe that bokeh cannot be achieved without a DSLR camera. It is harder to get that look, but not impossible. Often times I wish that I could get some nice bokeh in the background but my camera (Canon SX200) just won't cooperate. But other times it does work and it makes me day!

Here is the before-editing version of one such photo:

IMG_1712

And here's my edited (in CS4 and Lightroom) version:

bokeh7

Or a cropped version: (I don't really like how zoomed in this one gets, the details look strange to me. But I liked the angle.)

bokeh6


| This photo was submitted to Before & After at Pixel Perfect. |
| Click here to see what I’ve submitted in the past. |
blog comments powered by Disqus