South America is COLD!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Winter is upon us in Bolivia. Seasons in the Southern Hemisphere are the opposite of those in the Northern Hemisphere, so we sweat through Christmas and pile on layers through July. Winter is pretty mild here, of course, but it doesn't always feel that way to me!

Whenever a cold snap comes through Santa Cruz I always feel kind of ripped off. I mean, isn't this supposed to be South America? But I suppose everywhere gets cold from time to time.

Fortunately I still have plenty of tea and cocoa that I brought from the States and we're managing to keep warm.

IMG_1848-2

B&W Version:
IMG_1848-2-2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was submitted to Black & White Wednesday.
Check out The Long Road to China for other entries!
Or click here to see what I've submitted in the past.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
blog comments powered by Disqus