Update

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I have been asked for updates on the 15-year-old girl, S, that I posted about a few days ago. (If you missed her story, you can read it here).

First, I just want to say thank you. To everyone who said that they would pray, to those that pledged not to forget her story, and to the ones that asked how they could help, thank you. I was blown away by the response that her story got.

That said, the update is basically that she did leave the house and I don't know where she went. Yesterday when I came home from work she was gone, having left me the mattress. The owner of the home was busy moving his family into that room and no one really knows where she went. But I am absolutely confident that she found a friend or distant relative or someone to take her in. She's a hardworker and always has a smile on her face. I had seen her bring friends to the house before, and I just have a strong feeling that she found somewhere to go.

Again, thank you to everyone who expressed concern and love. If you're left with a desire to help in some way, I strongly encourage you to look into non-profit organizations such Samaritan's Purse, World Vision, Compassion International, your own Church's mission board, or even your local homeless shelter or soup kitchen. There is no shortage of people needing help in this world.
blog comments powered by Disqus