Honey from Rural Bolivia

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Last night I put up a post asking if you could figure out WHAT I was photographing in these photos.

I enjoyed hearing your guesses! And now it's time to tell you what is ACTUALLY inside of this jar...

IMG_0915

... It's HONEY!

This weekend Mauricio's godfather took him to a village about an hour outside of the city. They walked around and ate lunch and went to the open-air market, where Mauricio bought me a little pot of honey.

And let me tell you, it is DELICIOUS!

IMG_0900

IMG_0904

It is so very sweet and thick. And delicious. Plus it came in a cute little clay pot made right here in Bolivia. (The honey itself was also made right in that village).

IMG_0916

If you're wondering about the first photos that I posted...

THIS one...

IMG_0903

...was taken when I first took the plastic off the jar.

And THIS one...

IMG_0908

...was after I gave the honey a good stirring (and tasted it!).
blog comments powered by Disqus