Flooded In

Thursday, January 14, 2010

We arrived back in Trinidad this morning (travelling seems to be my theme lately, and it’s not near over yet!) to find it raining even harder than in Santa Cruz. Getting from the taxi to the house involved walking in water up past my ankles – luggage held up over the head!

But I love Trinidad, so it was worth it.

Anyway, after we arrived I fell asleep immediately (and had a very real, vibrant dream that the entire city flooded to the rooftops but we were all swimming around and loving it). When I woke up I found that part of a tree had fallen down in the front of the house.

tree

There isn’t much wind, so I guess it was the hard rain that finally wore the old tree down.

It reminds me of years ago when we had a series of bad storms in Minnesota and my family had several trees fall down in our yard. Fortunately, both that time and now, no significant damage was done. To be honest, I think that trees on the ground are kind of beautiful – it gives you the feeling of being up high in a tree without having to actually climb up or down.

tree-2

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment