Checking In

Friday, April 13, 2012

Hi all! It's been awhile! I hope everyone had a blessed and happy Easter! (In Bolivia we celebrate the whole week - "Holy Week"). 

We've officially started handing out wedding invitations so I thought I'd share some photos on the blog! I did these 100% on my own and couldn't be happier with that decision. Aside from saving some money, it feels great knowing that my hands touched each and everyone one of the invitations and they were assembled with great care and love.

invitations

invitations2


Aside from invites, I've been working on my 'wedding oufit' - jewelry, tiara, etc. I can't say much about that here, though, because Mauricio does look at my blog from time to time! :)

The biggest thing on my list is decorations. That's another thing I decided to take on myself rather than hiring out. I've got some pretty high expectations so it's turning out to be a big job! I ended up moving it to the very bottom of the list so I can get give it my sole attention once everything else is complete.

I've managed to avoid looking at/thinking about immigration stuff. I've stopped scouring the internet for stories, advice, etc. and have just checked our status on the government website a few times a month. No changes yet. On the list of recently approved petitions are many November/December/January applications. We're a mid-December application, so hopefully our time is coming soon! 

In closing, the verse we put on our wedding invitations. Significant not only due to its relevance to our situation (my living in a foreign country!), but also because my parents used it at their wedding :)

Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live.  
Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.
Ruth 1:16
blog comments powered by Disqus