A Charming Restaurant

Monday, September 5, 2011

A few days after our afternoon of splashing in the cool waters of Trinidad's lake, Mauricio and I went back to a charming little restaurant situated on its shore.

IMG_7192 BLOG

IMG_7194 BLOG

The first time I came to Bolivia, at 13 years old, I got some sort of stomach bug and spent a few days awfully sick in bed. The first day I was feeling better, we went to this particular restaurant but I wasn't allowed to eat anything. Nine years later, I still haven't forgotten the delicious smells. :)

IMG_7172 BLOG

They serve a variety of foods, but I always order the fish. It's a tender, light fish called PacĂș. Generously seasoned with lemon and fried to perfection.

IMG_7169 BLOG

Aside from the delicious food, the restaurant itself is just so beautiful. With its palm roof and quaint spiral staircase, its the perfect place to enjoy lunch and the lake scenery.

IMG_7158 BLOG


IMG_7160 BLOG

IMG_7161 BLOG

After eating, we went outside and walked along the shore, cautiously watching the dark storm clouds in the distance. We could actually see the downpour of rain on the horizon.

IMG_7189 BLOG

IMG_7177 BLOG

We packed up and left just a few minutes too late and ended up driving home (on the motorcycle) while huge raindrops crashed all around us. It was cold and wet, but we laughed the whole way. :)
blog comments powered by Disqus