Lemon Chicken

Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicken smothered in lemon and baked to crispy perfection has been one of my favorites since the first time I tried making it. The only drawback is that it seemed too simple and plain - a favorite for when I was eating on my own or a busy day, but not something I'd want to serve to visitors.

So I decided for this first cooking post, I'd try making the recipe a little more extensive and incuding a starch and veggie.

I started out by walking the two blocks to the market to buy chicken. I love having an open-air market so close by!

1

After washing and cutting the chicken, I let it marinate for an hour in a delicious smelling mixture of lemon,

2

spices (garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt/pepper...),

3

and olive oil & melted butter.

While the chicken marinated, I cut up potatoes and green beans and coated them in pretty much the same mixture. I didn't use any additional lemon on these because I figured cooking them with the chicken would give them enough lemon flavor. (Which it did!)

4

Finally, I put it all in a baking dish

5
(forgot to take the photo after the potatoes and green beans were in there too)


and put it in the oven for about 40 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through.

Very simply and very delicious! :) Overall, I'd say it was a success for my first "learning to cook" post.

6
As much I as enjoyed photographing the ingredients, I could not get a final product photo that I thought looked appetizing... I'll have to work on that!
blog comments powered by Disqus