Hello 2011!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Admittedly, I'm a little behind on welcoming the new year to my blog. But I was also behind with my "goodbye 2010" post, so it only makes sense.

I love fresh starts. When I was in school, I used to love the start of a new year or new semester. The blank notebooks, unused pens, and endless potential. And I've always loved flipping through brand new, empty calenders and starting to fill in the important dates.

(Not that I even have a crisp new calendar hanging up, though. No, I've jumped on board with modern times and my calender is a virtual one.)

2011
Which is why I was excited to find little paper (aka photographable) calenders at the bank today!

As you've probably noticed, I redid my blog design to give it a fresh start as well. And I have some ideas for changing the type of posting I do this year as well. Over the Christmas season I made a book of my photography on shutterfly and found that I really enjoyed that type of digital scrapbooking. I think it'd be really neat to have a year's worth of posts that could almost seamlessly be turned into scrapbooks. Posts that have design and color and more than just photos and words. We'll see how far I go with that as the year progresses!

I'd love any constructive feedback on the new blog design! As much as I love HTML and photoshop and design, I have absolutely no official education in any of it, so I know there's a lot to learn. If anything looks off to you, or if something's missing, let me know! :)

I hope all of you are off to a great start this year!
blog comments powered by Disqus