Rain, rain...

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I’m continuing to enjoy my last little bit of vacation here in Trinidad, Bolivia. I’m excited to welcome the New Year here and relishing in the knowledge that it’s not time to go back to work quite yet.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night to the sound of rain. I love sleeping in the rain, so I was perfectly content to listen to it hitting the roof until I fell back asleep. But when I got up this morning it still hadn’t stopped raining and I opened the door to this:

1

The patio was completely flooded and Mauricio’s grandma’s chickens had perched themselves on the little ledge in the doorway.

The duck, on the other hand, was thoroughly enjoying the flood.

2

I couldn’t help but laugh watching it swimming around what’s usually the patio!

3
4

We ultimately decided to make the best of it and take photos of each other standing in the water!

56

Such is the rainy season in Trinidad, Bolivia. Fortunately, flooding hasn’t been too bad this year. A few years back the flooding was horrendous and led to loss of housing, livelihoods, and even lives. I’m grateful that this year and last have been less tragic.
blog comments powered by Disqus