I Said I Had News...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

...I'm moving!!

No, not out of Bolivia. Of course not! What would Blogging from Bolivia be without Bolivia?! :) But I am moving to a new apartment and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Since arriving in Santa Cruz a year and a half ago, I've been renting a room in Mauricio's uncle's house. I'm grateful that I've had a nice, safe place to live, but I am so ready to move up in the world. I haven't had a kitchen this entire time (I do have access to kitchen, but it belongs to someone else and is usually in use) and have been sharing the bathroom with other renters, everyone else's guests, and even construction workers!

So with great anticipation and unbearable excitement, I prepare to move into my own apartment with a kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedroom, and even a private balcony.

What day did I learn I'd have to move out? November 1st.

Day I found the apartment and went to see it? November 3rd.

Signed the lease? November 4th.

Moving Day? November 27th.

Talk about rushed! But I'm not complaining. I'm gleefully thinking about interior decorating and furniture arrangement and having somewhere to hang Christmas lights next month!

This apartment is in a large house/building that consists of little shops and office, a large family home (where the owners live), and a variety of rooms or apartments for rent. My little apartment is on the second floor, and Mauricio found a room to rent on the first floor, so he'll be near by! :)

I'll get the key this coming Saturday so I can start cleaning, painting, and photographing! But in the meantime, I offer you two shots from the advertisement.

The view from the street (my balcony!):
1 - from street
Disclaimer: NOT my photo!

The view from the courtyard (that door is my entrance):
2 - from inside of house - courtyard
Disclaimer: NOT my photo!

If I'm a little absent from my blog this month, you now know why. But stay tuned for more photographs and some potential posts on interior decorating! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus