Cochabamba: Day 7 (Before & After)

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Today I'm going to participate again in Pixel Perfect's Before & After blog hop. I think I'll do the same as last time and use the "Read More" feature to keep the front page a little shorter. So to see the original photo and how I edited, just click on "Read More"!

IMG_3219-2 fixed

IMG_3216

Untitled-1



This is the original photo.

before

There's nothing terribly wrong with it, per se; but with all of the recent vibrant flower shots from Cochabamba, I wanted to try something a little different with this one.

The after photo.

IMG_3219-2 fixed

I did all of the editing in Lightroom. I first changed the temperature/tint to make it much warmer and then lowered the saturation to give it the softer, less vibrant look. I increased the contrast and brightness a bit and then cropped it to a tighter angle. Finally I added a slight vignette and that was it!

I was pleased with the outcome, so I copied and pasted the settings to all of my photos of this flower.

IMG_3216

Untitled-1
blog comments powered by Disqus