Cochabamba: Day 1

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that I spent this past weekend in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Cochabamba is relatively similar to Santa Cruz, the city that I live in, in terms of size and population. But there is one major difference.

IMG_3398-1

Mountains.

Cochabamba has mountains and they're gorgeous. I've never lived anywhere with mountains (the closest ones to Santa Cruz aren't generally visible from the city and Minnesota is very flat), so there's something almost magical about them to me. Especially when they completely surround the city.

Anyway, the point of the trip to Cocha was to visit Mauricio's grandma, so I didn't do a ton of sightseeing or photo taking. But I'm really excited about the photos that I did take. I'll probably be stretching them out over the next week because I don't like posting more than a few photos at a time.

For today, let me just tell you that I think cobblestone streets are so charming.

IMG_3356-2

Especially cobblestone streets that are pointing toward the mountains and lined by colorful trees and plants.

IMG_3292-1-2
blog comments powered by Disqus