Baptism

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I had mentioned that Mauricio and I were going to be godparents soon.

andres

And now we are! Our godson Andrés is an incredibly sweet, well-behaved 7-year-old and I'm excited to be his godmother.

The baptism itself was interesting. I'm not Catholic and I've only been to a Catholic Church one other time that I can remember. So while I feel like I know quite a bit about Catholicism, actually participating in a baptism was a new experience.

bautizo3

The priest mumbled lots of inaudible questions to which we all responded "yes." At one point I had to bite my tongue to keep from giggling because he sounded just like the priest in The Princess Bride. I managed to keep a straight face, though. :)

bautizo1

We had to light a little candle that Andrés held for awhile and then put our hands on him as he was baptized.

bautizo2

It was a very interesting experience and while I was somewhat relieved when the baptism ended, I couldn't be more happy to be godmother to such a great kid!

andres2

| This photo was submitted to B&W Wednesday at The Long Road to China. |
| Click here to see what I’ve submitted in the past. |

blog comments powered by Disqus