A Reluctant Subject

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Photographing children can be seriously frustrating. Difficult. Impossible at times?

On Tio Julián's Birthday, I tried endlessly to get a photograph of his youngest daughter, Juliana. But she wasn't in the mood for photography. Normally if someone doesn't want a photograph taken, I won't pressure them. But photos of these children are really precious right now, and I knew her dad wanted some of her.

Nonetheless, I started out with several failed attempts.

collage

Finally, I asked her if she wanted to take a photo. She snapped a shot looking straight up at Mauricio.

IMG_2781

After that, she finally agreed to a few photos of herself.

IMG_2782
IMG_2786
IMG_2785

I was trying to rush before she changed her mind, so they didn't turn out great. But it's better than nothing!

IMG_2782-2
IMG_2786-2

If anyone has any tips on taking photos of children, I'm all ears! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus