Rain, rain, go away...

Friday, April 23, 2010

I woke up to the sound of rain and thunder at about 4:00 this morning. I love it when it rains during the night.

I don't really love it when it continues to rain when it's time to go to work. The rain is still pouring hard here in Santa Cruz. It's one of those rains that reminds me just how close we are to the Amazon and MONSOONS. The streets are flooding rapidly and I think we might be on our way to becoming the new Venice. This morning I saw one flooded street that looked like it had several fountains in the middle of the road. I realized they were actually the street drains overflowing and shooting water into the air!

So on this rather gloomy Friday, I think I'll go ahead and participate in Five Question Friday!

1. What was the first car you owned?
I've actually never owned a car. The first vehicle that I drove was my mom's van. And then the rest of the time that I lived at home I drove a little Honda Civic, but it wasn't actually mine. Now that I'm in Bolivia I just ride the bus. Traffic in Santa Cruz is ridiculous and I wouldn't drive if you paid me!

2. What song are you embarrassed to know the lyrics to?
All of the Spice Girl songs that I learned against my will many, many years ago. Those are not fond memories!

3. Have you ever had stitches?
I almost said no, but then I realized that I have. I had surgery when I was 3 or 4 to remove some unknown mass from my leg. Obviously they stitched it back up, so that counts as stitches, right?! I've never had any aside from that, though.

4. What was your first job?
My first real job, baby-sitting and other little things like that aside, was at Jamba Juice. And for the most part, I loved it there. I had great bosses and coworkers and it was a great work environment.

5. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
I think it was Ernie. Of Bert & Ernie. I had a stuffed Ernie doll that I really liked when I was little. The doll included a real zipper, snap, shoelace, etc. to teach me how to do those things!
blog comments powered by Disqus