My Childhood Sun

Monday, March 29, 2010

I remember drawing the sun a lot when I was little. Be it with crayons, markers, or even finger paint, no child's artwork is complete without the sun! I always drew it in the top-right corner of the page. A quarter circle with several bright lines jetting in all directions, the sun's rays.

Actually I remember doing this when I worked at Jamba Juice too. Many mornings I would draw the weather forecast to set the tone for the day. Often times that included my little sun in the corner.

Somewhere between being a child drawing for fun and a teenager working at Jamba Juice, I guess I realized that the sun didn't really look that way. It's more like an intense light that colored pencils can't really capture.

Or then again, maybe the sun is just as I depicted it as a child, tucked into a corner and shooting rays in all directions.

IMG_1320
blog comments powered by Disqus