The Bolivia Bug Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

I can recall three bug photos that I have posted semi-recently, and I have another one today. I swear I'm not a bug fanatic or anything like that. It's just that bugs in Bolivia are so much more... present. And by present I mean ALL OVER THE HOUSE!

But it's okay, aside from the hairy moth-bat, I've pretty much decided to peacefully co-reside with them. They were here first, I guess.

Anyway, this little guy was just hanging out under the table last weekend, so I grabbed my camera and started shooting. After taking several photographs RIGHT in his face, he hadn't moved at all.

IMG_1032

Deciding that he must be dead and that it would be more comfortable to take photos somewhere else, rather than flat on my stomach underneath the table, I gingerly tried to pick him up. All of a sudden he came to life and started kicking his little legs all over the place. I guess he wasn't dead, just very low-key about being photographed.

So I left him there. As long as he doesn't find a way into my sugar jar, he's fine with me.
blog comments powered by Disqus