Simple Play

Monday, June 7, 2010

Today I'm reposting a photo from my trip to El Carmen several months ago. I had blogged it before, but wanted to pull it back out for this week's I Heart Faces challenge. The theme for this week was play.

I took the photo using my cell phone, so it's quality isn't great; but there's something about the photo that I love. The simplicity of it.

DSC01733-2

These three boys were playing along the riverbank, their little village in the background. Going to the river is a highlight for most children in El Carmen. They don't have computers or video games, and electricity only comes on for a few set hours a a day. But that doesn't stop them from playing inventive games of their own.

I think it's beautiful.
I'm looking forward to taking another trip to El Carmen next month!


| This photo was submitted to I ♥ Faces. |
| Click here to see what I’ve submitted in the past. |
blog comments powered by Disqus